Sleep doesn't come through effort. It arrives on its own when we provide the right conditions.
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, March 4, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — None of those conditions requires a lot of effort, and they're very simple:
* Choose a standard bedtime and wake-up time. These times are based on careful records of an individual's sleep, and aim to match the time spent in bed to the average amount of sleep a person is actually getting. When we go to bed and get up at about the same time each day, our bodies and brains learn to expect sleep at the appropriate time.
* Stick to the sleep schedule regardless of how you sleep each night. This instruction is crucial to interrupt counterproductive efforts to regain lost sleep. If you had a bad night’s sleep and still get up on time, you're actually increasing your chances of sleeping well the next night.
Generally avoid naps during the day. Time spent awake is an investment in good sleep. Skipping the nap makes it more likely that you’ll be ready to sleep come night-time.
* Get out of bed if you're not falling asleep quickly. As soon as you know sleep is not imminent or you start to worry that you're not falling asleep, get out of bed—and return only when sleep is likely. Over time we can relearn that “Bed = Sleep,” rather than “Bed = Place-to-Worry-About-Sleep.”
Avoid “sleep aids” that hurt in the long run. External agents like alcohol knock us unconscious without providing high quality sleep. Part of the beauty of CBT-I is that it relies on your body’s own ability to generate sound, restorative sleep, without having to ingest any chemicals.
The best-tested treatments for insomnia rest on those simple principles. So offer yourself the right conditions, and release the outcome.
– Dr Seth J. Gillihan, PhD, LLC – Head of Therapy for Bloom
BLOOM: CBT Therapy & Self-Care App (A subscription to Bloom Premium costs £58.99/year or £13.99/month)
Bloom is the easiest & most affordable way to do therapy. Train your mind with over 500+ exercises from cognitive-behavioural-therapy (CBT). Do therapy yourself and get personalized daily mental health coaching sessions to manage stress and anxiety, improve sleep, build better habits, foster stronger relationships and improve the quality of life. Bloom uses the power of CBT and combines interactive video classes with journaling and mindfulness exercises to help improve mental well-being, boost mood & cultivate more joy in life. Bloom is the world’s first digital therapist in your pocket and #1 Self-Therapy app. Including daily guided interactive therapy sessions & exercises to work on thoughts & behaviours.
* WIND DOWN with the help of the calming OLIVIA’S HAVEN Eighter Island Scented Candle (RRP £27).
Creating a tranquil atmosphere throughout the evening can immediately bring a sense of serenity to your mood and set you up for your bedtime routine.
Story Behind the Scent…
Olivia’s Grandpa Burns bought a wee cottage on a remote island in Donegal, Ireland, in the 1960s and to this day ‘the island’ is a firm family favourite for summer getaways. Walking on the beaches, swimming in the sea, fishing and in the evening playing board games around the fire are just some of the activities the family would get up to.
This scent with its fresh notes of sea salt mixed with woody undertones takes Olivia straight back to the relaxing times spent with loved ones on a summer’s day in Donegal.
* CONSCIOUS SKINCARE RITUAL Practice actually seeing yourself, being present in the moment. As you begin to apply your FUARAÌN SUPER ACTIVE MOISTURE CREAM (RRP £48), sense the care in your hands. Be aware that you're meeting your facial needs in this moment. Let it be a relaxing experience as you enjoy the sensations of a gentle facial massage bringing importance to the breath.
This cream is a rich, hydrating and beautifully luxurious formula. Using the benefits of Deeside Mineral Water at its heart, clinically proven to increase cell hydration and possess anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which are beneficial for skin condition. It is blended with high quality, responsibly sourced, wild crafted natural botanical actives, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) and Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) known for their efficacy in skincare.
* BEDTIME RECAP: Before you turn off the light, write down three things that went well today. Make sure to include the role you played in why they went well. Allow these good things to fill your mind as you drift off to sleep
Source: EIN Presswire